Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We made it to the Holy Land!

It was all relatively painless. No real problems only that we were delayed on every connecting flight and that we had to run to our next flight to make sure that we didn't miss it but it all turned out swell. I slept most of the time flying and so it really didn't seem that long, even though the whole process of getting here only took about 36 hours. We flew from SLC to Chicago, Chicago to Washington, Washington to Vienna, Austria(which was pretty cool they had better airplane food than the rest), Lastly we flew from Vienna to Tel-Aviv. After the hour bus ride all 82 of us students have survived the long trek over the atlantic ocean. I've made a lot of friends because we were always sitting next to different people and so I've got to know the majority of our group. They all seem really great with such diverse backgrounds.
Jerusalem really is a little differnet from what I had pictured in my head. Flying in everything was so so green!! The city looks really nice, everyone drives nice cars, and the dome of the rock looks cool. We can see it from our balcony window. The weather is really warm. I am almost too hot with my light jacket on at night. I have got 3 other roommates and they seem like cool guys. We kind of gave us a little tour of the place and we met our religion teachers. They fed us a really good dinner as they brought our bags into the center. I am excited to see all the sites, Learn tons about the holy land, and try the food here. I can't believe that I am here! It is crazy. This really is going to be great!

3 comments:

  1. We are all happy to know that you arrived safely. We are also kind of jealous that you are having an awesome adventure and we are stuck here in cold boring Utah. Have fun, and don't be stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great already! You're gonna have so many cool adventures there! Be careful and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Honey, Love you and glad you made it safe. have a great time! MOM

    ReplyDelete